Saturday, January 7, 2012

Life is Sweeter With You


Well, we're one week into the new year, and I've been able to keep my New Years Resolution of posting at least 2 projects a week so far.  LOL!  Whew...it was kind-of hard, too!  Life (and wretched cleaning) seems to get in the way.  I've also started to fuss WAY too much over my projects, I think.  Anyway...I have another card to share with you today.  This time, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a cute file I found in the Silhouette Online Store.  Here it is:


This cute little Happy Heart Cookie is from Silhouette. Isn't it just ADORABLE???  I changed the file a little to make it easier to cut, though.  I think the sprinkles and face were originally intended to be little pieces you glue on top, but I really didn't want to deal with all of those little guys.  So, I joined those cuts to the frosting layer so they would be cut out.  Then, I just adhered little scraps of paper to the back so the different colors would show through.  That was much less painstaking than gluing down all of those sprinkles, I think.


I added some pretty purple ribbon under the cookie, popped up the frosting with foam tape, and added Glossy Accents to the sprinkles to make them a bit more 3D (since I changed the original design).  I also added some black brads for the eyes and inked the edges with my Color Box Fluid Chalk Inks.  The tag came from a 4 Tag Set I found in the Silhouette Online Store.  I got the "sweet" little sentiment from Pink By Design's Say It Sweet Stamp Set.  


Here's what the inside looks like.  I cut an extra "cookie" layer so I'd have a lighter space for writing inside.  Oh, and I created the card base by creating a shadow layer in Silhouette Studio, creating a mirror image, and welding the two together.  

Well, I hope you like my little card.  If you'd like more information about it, or would like to see a video of any part, just let me know.  One of my resolutions is also to do at least one video a month, and I need some ideas.  So, if you have a question about something...please ask.  Then, maybe I can make a video to show you the answer. :)


Have an AWESOME weekend!



13 comments:

  1. super sweet card. made me want to find a real one for some serious munching though...the breakfast of champions...sugar cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! I love chocolate chip cookies. I need to work on my 2012 goal...a layout a month.

    Hope you will stop by soon.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. do a video with the silhouette:-) since so many of us got one from Santa this year!! love the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sweet! Love the colors and love that cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Cute! Adorable! I thought it was a real cookie. LOL
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy looking card! It is just so sweet. Great job, Lisa.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaw, how cute Lisa! Your card makes me smile:) I can't wait to snoop in the Silhouette store. I just got the Cameo and I am dying to find enought time to create something. Keep getting pulled away for some reason or another..Ugh!
    TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww this card is too adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. So super cute!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job, looks fantastic, especially if you dont want a lovie dovie valentine card.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D