Friday, May 3, 2013

PBD's Not-a-Card Friday

Hey, everyone!  It's time for another Not-a-Card Friday over at Pink by Design.  This is the day that the DT members try to step out of our comfort zone of always creating cards to try something different.  Here's what I created this time:


This fun tag was SUPER easy to make!  First, I brought the tag shape from the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons (PPPR) Layered Tags Cutting Files Set into Silhouette Studio.  Then, I filled the bottom layer with a digital paper from the PPPR Spring Fling Stripes Digital Paper Pack. I wanted to keep the top layer white, but I wanted a border around it, so I just created an offset (shadow) layer around that layer and filled it with another blue striped digi paper from the same pack.  

Next, I added the fun little sunflower from the PPPR Flower Faces Cutting Files set.  The SVGs of these files come in full color, so I was able to import it and pop it right on top of the white layer.  Then, I grouped the blue layer, white layer, and sunflower together so they would all print as one piece.  That way, all I had to do was print out two layers I was left with and use the print-and-cut feature to cut them out with my Cameo.  

I stamped my sentiment from Pink by Design's 29 and Holding Stamp Set on the top layer, added some ribbon, and adhered the two layers with foam tape....all done!  These big ol' paragraphs makes this seem harder than it was.  Really, this would be such an easy way to make multiple tags like this for gifts.  I LOVE the print-and-cut feature of Silhouette Studio!!

Don't forget that a Mother's Day challenge is going on over at Pink by Design!  You have until Saturday night to link up your Mother's Day project below.



4 comments:

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D