Monday, May 12, 2014

Brighter Skies...


Hey guys! Leah Schaeffer in the house on this magnificent Monday hoping to brighten your day a bit! And after all, it's Monday, so I guess we could use a little pick me up! Then again, I like Monday, hubby is back to work and 2 out of 3 kids are in school.  So Monday means a quiet house and that's all kinds of good! LOL!

 I created this shaped card to share with you all today. Since most of us using SVG files are using some kind of electronic cutting software, then we have the option of creating shaped cards. They are so easy to do! Though the shape plays a role in how easy it will be. This shape was simply perfect. First off, it was a solid area (which allows plenty of room in the interior to write) and secondly, always look at where you are going to weld (or combine the 2 shapes to create the card). You can have your card open on the side of the shape but for this, on the side would have meant the card opening (and being attached) along the clouds (too tough) so the card opens at the top. After putting all the pieces together to create my base shape, I created a shadow (which you do not have to do). Using the Silhouette Design Edition software I then used the replicate window and mirrored above, moved the 2 shapes together to overlap and then weld! That's it! 

If you have any questions about creating a shaped card with Lisa's files, feel free to pop over to my blog and leave me a comment and let me know how to contact you back and I'll be more then happy to walk you through it! 


If you want an easy trick to making your projects a bit more unique, try picking pattern papers, papers with texture or even adding your own stamping or embossing! When you layer die cuts together, they are so much more interesting when you use something other then plain old card stock!


Okay, popping back to the idea of making a shaped card. If you were to use the rainbow in the cutting file below, you could have a fun and unique shape there with an open center. Or you could fill that area in and add a sentiment there for the front of the card! =) Just keeping ideas flowing here…


(I just needed to borrow a couple hearts to scatter on the card!)

 Thanks friends for stopping in today! And thanks for hopping with us over the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Super, super cute!! I love your paper choice~this really couldn't be cuter! It's such a fun, happy card! great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute & Cool!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D