Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pretty Fabric Flowers

Happy Tuesday Crafty Friends!
It's Kathy, from Kathy and Kids, here to share with you a pretty fabric flower using one of the "Flower Assortment Cutting Files" flowers.

Supplies:
PPPR "Flower Assortment Cutting File", I used the petal layers from "Flower 6"
thick cardstock
fabric scraps
fusible interfacing
fabric marker (disappears with water)
fabric scissors
pinking shears
button
twine/ribbon
I used my Cameo to cut the petal layers at about 4" and 3" across.  I also cut a small circle at about 1 1/4" diameter.  I cut them from heavy cardstock so they would hold up to me using them multiple times.

Make your layers of fabric and interfacing and then trace the petals using a fabric marker.


Sew along the marker lines.


Cut out each piece just outside the stitching.


Use a damp cloth to wet the marker lines and they will disappear :)

Layer them together and top off with a cute button and tie with twine or ribbon.

You can use just about any flower shape and size, and even add more layers.

Thanks for stopping by and have fun making flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D