Monday, March 14, 2016

Sending Mousie Smiles


   Good day my fellow PPPR fans, Leah with y'all today! I'm here on this oh so happy Monday to share a cheery little card. Over this weekend's blog hop  (click to take a peek if you missed it) I shared another card using one of the PPPR card base files. Neither of which I had used before. Honestly, having a different card base really makes a card that much more unique. I look forward to using them more often!
  Even though this is a simple design, the small details make it that much more interesting. Because of my base card color choices, I wanted a small hint of color to make the peach floral stand out. I used the shadow feature on my design software to make a small mat for that shape (part of the card base cutting file). In addition I used a border punch to add the small scallop to the blue floral (part of the card base cutting file too). Those 2 small things add more interest, as does adding embossing like the sentiment and the stamped and embossed texture on the flower pot base. 
   The mouse and flowers were all cut on white paper and colored with markers. I was able to choose my colors to match the floral paper well and it was easier then searching for small paper scraps to match. I also love the texture to the flower center (in addition to white and glitter gel pen on the centers). This card was a lot of fun to put together! 
   Here are the files I used, starting with the card base on the right. I love Lisa created both landscape and portrait options!
A2 Card Bases 1
Say Cheese
Bloom Where You're Planted
   Glad to have you visit today! Enjoy your week! 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, fun card! Love the mouse, and so creative to think about putting it with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, fun card! Love the mouse, and so creative to think about putting it with flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D